Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Girl in the Black Hat on Improvisation


Let’s see, the last time I had to wing something, it was on my high school stage in front of an audience filled with people when some kid didn’t show for their scene in a play. Thank goodness I avoided the “Meet-and-Greet” after the show by sneaking in the bathroom and grief eating chocolate. However, I am a changed person since then.
Changes.
They happen all the time in my life and for some reason or another; I always have a negative connotation of what change means in my mind. After over (insert what you think is my age here) years of living, you would think I get used to the idea that things, people and places will not remain in an “Orb of Sameness,” but I don’t. I also don’t quite know what a metaphorical “Orb of Sameness” is, but I definitely like the sound of it.
Some things in this “Orb of Sameness” include my family. They have helped me though some pretty hard times. I still don’t know whether they do this because they are stuck with me, though. *winks* I have had friends over the years, of course, but I always find that as their lives change, so do they. They change in the sense that they move on…from me. Sometimes, I wonder if people remember me, or if I never left a print on their lives at all.
It is a strange thought.
Then there are the people that change, but they change with you. I have found, through everything, they are the best.
Take for instance, my fellow blogger and best friend since kindergarten, Courtney (now, Ninja Courtney). I would say that that she has changed my life and been someone that has always been there for me, but that wouldn’t be enough. Words are inadequate for things like that.
I believe that for people to live, you need more than what is deemed the essentials: breathing, eating, sleeping, shelter and health. I think people that come into your life have a big thing to do with why you continue to walk on into a future.
Speaking of people, I have been told I am an interesting one.
I look like a hippie with my long red hair. I am a wearer of black hats. Fedoras to be more precise. I write poetry and prose. I am a very free spirit. I am more of the artistic type.
I also was born into a circus family and have several tattoos.
Another thing you should note is when I run out of the true things to say, I am a compulsive liar.
So that is a bit of my life captured in a post. I hope you liked it and stick with us, (Ninja) Courtney and me, for the ride. I have a feeling you will enjoy it.
Until the next post,
(Ninja) Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment